Number in VMS

In HISTORIA NUMERUM By Barclay V. Head published by Oxford
University Press in 1887 on page 65, fig 42 I found interesting numeral
sign on old coin  from 330 - 300 B.C.
The same number apears in VMS page 1 in 2nd and 3rd paragraph.
In attachment you will find the coin and the cipher designating number
in VMS.

The reproduction of coin is not very clear but is the best way I could
do.

John Stojko