Re: astrological iconography

Dennis wrote:

>         Around June 1997, John Grove and I looked at a book,
> "1100 Years of Slavic Alphabets" by one Istrin.  Istrin
> had the whole history of the Cyrillic and Glagolithic
> scripts.  We found no real resemblance to VMs script
> (although we were mostly looking for gallows
> characters).  Istrin also listed some medieval Greek
> characters; no better luck.

I have put some paleographic examples at:

  http://hum.amu.edu.pl/~rafalp/HERM/VMS/palgraf.htm

including superb medieval gallows (I have read their style
identifies the scriptorium), humanist hand (both book and
cursive - the latter was used for much longer time) and
interesting - but too late - Cyrillic samples.

Best regards,

Rafal