[Fwd: Voynich Manuscript + James Hampton]

	Does anyone know anything about "The Story of the
Vivian Girls" by Henry Darger (1892-1972)?  It's sure
news to me!

Dennis
--- Begin Message ---

Dennis wrote:

> catherine yronwode wrote:
> >
> >  I have never heard of the Voynich Manuscript before, so at first
> > mention i thought this a modern hoax ala the fiction of Jorge Luis
> > Borges, Ishmael Reed, Robert Anton Wilson, and Umberto Ecco,
>
>         The Codex Seraphinianus by Luigi Serafini
> http://www.io.com/~iareth/codindx.html
> might well be just such a thing!
>
> > but if it
> > is not a hoax, then it certainly would be a fascinating project for
> > cryptographers with an interest in the occult. :-)
>
>         It's not a modern hoax, since we have traced much of
> its earlier history.  We can't exclude a Renaissance
> hoax, but it's only a remote possibility.  The
> statistical properties of the text are weird in the
> extreme, but the text has a great amount of structure,
> so most of us don't think that it's a hoax.
>
>         We hold various degrees of interest in the occult.
> Dr. John Dee may well be the man who sold the VMs to
> the Holy Roman Emperor Rudolph II of Prague, but I
> don't believe that he wrote or channeled it.
>
> > Please consider running a list of the 5 best URLs on the Voynich
> > Manuscript and an intro to the topic, such as you posted here, past the
> > folks at the Sacred Landscape e-list. There are some gematria-oriented
> > number-crunchers there with good knowledge of the Western Esoteric
> > Tradition who might wish to know of the existence of your e-list. The
> > Sacred Landscape can be reached at
> >      sacredlandscapelist@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
>         Excellent suggestion.  Thank you!

Strange...
I had never heard of he Voynich Manuscript either . . . (and i thank you
for bringing it to my attention) - but i thought it was interesting that
upon looking at the illustrations - the first thing that came to mind
was the work "The Story of the Vivian Girls, in what is Known as the
Realms of the Unreal, of the Glandeco-Angelinnian War Storm, Caused by
the Child Slave Rebellion" by mad Genius Henry Darger (1892-1972)
I used to spent many hours at the library photocopying those crazy
rosicrucian style diagrams and charts
("Secret Symbols of the Rosicrucians" and Hienrik Khunraths
"amphitheatre of eternal wisdom" and that sort of stuff) that are
probably close to contemprorary with the voynich manuscript - and some
of the radially symetrical diagrams in the Voynich Manuscript really
remind me of the drawings i did around that time (inspired by said
rosicrucian  symbolism) -
	But i made the jump from the Voynich Manuscript illustrations too Henry
Darger's befor i even though of the "rosicrucian" stuff........

--
+ "We often profit more from our enemies than by our friends.        +
+  We support ourselves only on that which resists,                 +

--- End Message ---