Re: Codex Mendoza

Hi,

I'm sure you are on the right track.

Most of what I have been able to examine looks right to me. the (FSG) 4 O 8 G
2 R T A C and 7 seem abundantly clear. I have not yet seen the rest.

I'd like to know more about that roman 400. Doesn't look like ID or CCCC to
me. Must be ccq = cientos quatro (?) or some such.

I could not really see the penstrokes and details of the page with the jar of
honey. Did you happen to notate where in Volume 3 of Berdan and Anawalt (1992)
you found the illustrations you posted and also the words "los pueblos, Ricas,
Rodelas, resumydos, and piecas"; the greek delta, the suffixes 'mas' 'des' and
'sas'; and 'maxlatl', 'yztla', 'chian', and 'Tlaahuitlpan'?

Jacques Guy tested Aztec a few years ago and decided the VMs could not be
Aztec. He wrote an article for the magazine Cryptologia on his findings.

I am certain that there are many Aztec words in the VMs. I am also certain
that the VMs is early colonial Mexican, and of Aztec heritage. If you will
give me an idea of how to check your work I will share with you and the list
the evidence for the claims I just made so that you may all check my work.

Best regards,

John Comegys robc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx