Re: Jackson: a second medieval work with non-existant plants

	I looked for ref's and images of the Liber Floridus on
the Web.  I found ref's but no images.  (A lot of the
material that turned up on
www.dogpile.com
was in German, so someone who knows that language might
do better.

	So by all means ask Dr. Jackson for further ref's,
especially with pic's in them.

	Here are my results.

Dennis

http://www.bnf.fr/web-bnf/connaitr/pelleti.htm
Maps, Witnesses of History

En revanche, celle intitulée l'Europa Mundi Pars Quarta
dont je vous ai parlé est extraite du manuscrit
du Liber Floridus de Lambert de Saint-Omer conservé à
Gand.

In turn, the map intitled "Europe the Fourth Part of
the World",
of which I've already spoken to you is taken from the
manuscript
"Liber Floridus" of Lambert of Saint-Omer preserved at
Ghent.(Belgium)

http://www.bnf.fr/web-bnf/pedagos/dossitsm/ques-enc.htm
9. Encyclopédies utilisées par les prédicateurs :

  Liber Floridus de Lambert de Saint-Omer,
  De Naturis rerum de Thomas de Cantimpré,
  Liber de proprietatibus rerum (le Livre des
propriétés des choses)
      de Barthélémy l?Anglais,
  Bestiaire d?Amours et Response de Richard de
Fournival.

http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/archiv/nel/neu_103/2_1.htm
Derolez, Albert

 The autograph manuscript of the Liber Floridus : a key
to the encyclopedia of Lambert of
 Saint-Omer / by Albert Derolez. - Turnholti : Brepols,
1998. - 210, 42 S. : Ill.
 (Corpus Christianorum : Autographa medii aevi ; 4)
 Text engl., Autograph lat.
 ISBN 2-503-50792-1 - ISBN 2-503-50793-X
 Standort: 98 B 5275

http://geoweb.venezia.sbn.it/geoweb/HSL/ImagoMundi/ImagoMundi.html
N. 39 (1987)
Imago Mundi. The Journal of the International Society
for the History of Cartography
London, Imago Mundi Ltd. C/o King's College

Danielle Lecoqc, La mappemonde du Liber Floridus ou la
vision du monde de Lambert de
Saint-Omer, pp. 9-49
John R. Hébert, Vicente Sebastian Pintado, Surveyor
General of Spanish West Florida, 1805-1817

http://www.libraries.psu.edu/crsweb/speccol/msfacs.htm
Penn State Libraries

Manuscript Facsimiles
Lambert, of Saint-Omer. Lamberti S. Audomari Canonici
Liber Floridus.
 Gandavi: In aedibus Story-Scientia, 1968.
AE2.L36 1968 Q [Shelved in Manuscript Facsimile]

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~tomgreen/folkgazt.htm
Arthurian Folklore
A number of sites have been claimed as Arthur's Court /
Hall.
 One of these is mentioned in an 'encyclopedia'
completed in
1120 by Lambert of St. Omer, whose text is related to
the Historia
Brittonum (see D.N. Dumville, 'The Liber Floridus of
Lambert of Saint-Omer and the Historia Brittonum' in
Bulletin of the Board of Celtic Studies 26 (1974-6),
pp.103-22).

University of Ghent Libraries
http://157.193.101.1/e-info.html

Manuscripts I

"Among the medieval manuscripts
a very special place is occupied by the documents that
come from
Sint-Pieters Abbey (incl. the famous Liber
Floridus)"