Mattei: Other star name cribs?

Hi;
	Mike Mattei proposes some star names for the VMS picture with the
possible Pleiades.  He roughly tries to identify the 2, 3, and 4 stars in
the other quadrants with asterisms in the four sky quadrants.  Tycho's
supernova was in 1572, so many of you would say that it cannot be the real
ID.
	However, with this line of thinking, there *is* a well known
asterism *on* the zodiac roughly a quarter of the way around the ecliptic
from the Pleiades.  The Waterjar in Aquarius is a famous asterism, even
though it is not made from bright stars.  The shape is perfect for the
foursome of stars in the VMS quadrant one removed from the 'Pleiades
quadrant'.  If this is taken as true, then the suggestion would be that
each VMS quadrant illustrates an asterism near the ecliptic at roughly 90
degree intervals.  This would be very much like the Royal Stars of the
ancients, while the Chinese have a similar setup.  Within this paradigm,
the pair of stars will be somewhere near Cancer.  Then, with only a small
deviation from 90 degree spacing, the pair could well be the famous Gemini
star pair of Castor and Pollux.  These are bright, famous, near the
ecliptic, and close enough to the quadrant site.  The quadrant of the trio
of stars would then be somewhere near Libra.  Libra is sometime drawn as
three stars, but more commonly as more.  So the match here is poor.
Anyway, these are possible cribs...
Cheers,
Brad
schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx