Re: Voynich Astronomical Tables in Sky & Telescope

Jorge Stolfi wrote:

>     Moreover, the blue paint on the "barrels" (and on the fish fins) is
>     applied extremely crudely. The coloring job in the other zodiac
>     pages is just as poor
>
>     Once again it looks like the colors are not original, and must have
>     been done either by an extremely careless assistant, or by a child.

I've seen quite a few reproductions of medieval prints of woodcuts,
where
the same may be observed. Here, obviously, the drawing was printed as a
whole and coloured in afterwards. Often only some areas were coloured,
and the same careless transgressions of the lines may be seen.
So perhaps it is not so unusual.

I've never seen anything like the work of the 'mad crayonist' on the
bio folios though.
(Such as, e.g. fol. 75r at http://inky.library.yale.edu/voy/voy2.html)

Cheers, René