Notes on Johannes Marcus Marci's Philosophia Vetus Restituta
Apart from one phrase, this is straightforward. It gives us the useful
information that Marci and Barschius met around 1622 and that Marci
inherited Barschius's books.
I have not been able to track down the reference to Cotes and Lydia:
it is fairly certainly a literary allusion.
Ages at this time of the individuals involved
- Rudolph II: dead for 50 years
- Jacobus Horcziczky: dead for 40 years
- Raphael Mnihovsky: dead for 18 years
- Georgius Barschius: dead for about 7 years
- Johannes Marcus Marci: 67
- Athanasius Kircher: 60