VMs: Re: Hebrew Kabbalistic Cryptography

About four months ago, Donald Goddell wrote:

> These symbols bear a curious resemblance at times to the Voynich sigils,
> e.g. the system used in 4Q298 for the Aramaic letter "vav" closely
resembles
> the VMS sigil for EVA [f]; also the Cryptic 4Q298 code for the Aramaic
> letter "Quph" is the same as the Voynich sigil for EVA [d] (i.e.
resembling
> the modern Arabic numeral 8); the Cryptic 4Q298 coded letter for Aramaic
> "tav" resembles the VMS sigil for EVA [p]: the Crytpic 4Q298 coded letter
> for Aramaic " 'ayin " is similar to the VMS sigil for EVA [c]; 4Q298
Cryptic
> Aramaic letter "Kaph" is the same symbol as the VMS sigil for EVA [o]:
4Q298
> Cryptic sign for Aramaic "mem" is similar to the VMS sigil for EVA [m} and
> finally, the EVA [q] which resembles a tall numeral "4" is similar to the
> 4Q298 Cryptic coded letter for Aramaic "tet".
>
> This may suggest (but only "may" suggest) that the originator of the VMS
> sigil-cypherbet might have had some contact with Aramaic/Hebrew
Caballistic
> coded cyphers used in antiquity and developed/morphed over time through
the
> Middle Ages (even the Dead Sea Scroll sect re-emerged as the Karaites
before
> the year 1000).

In light of the recent exchanges re: Tree (Finding), this is an avenue definitely worth exploring further. Nick, I know at first it seemed remote, but I think it makes sense to explore this further? I bet Donald did not find the 'finding' all that surprising, after all.

Luis