VMs: Re: VMs as Numbers

Speaking of encoded Roman numerals, a dead giveaway ought to be the presence of
seven different symbols, four of which appear in multiples (I, X, C, M) and
three of which do not (V, L, D),  and with certain forbidden diagraph patterns:

     IV,  VI,  IX,  XI,  XV =>  OK        VX => not OK
     XL, LX, XC, CX, CL =>  OK        LC => not OK  and so on

Bruce Grant