Aldebaran

f68r3 undoubtedly (IMHO) does mark the changing of the seasons. Due to the
fact that the alignment appears to point directly at sunrise on the
equinox/solstice dates for Leo/Taurus/Aquarius/Scorpio. I think you'll find
that at about RA2h30 before sunrise there is indeed an aligned star in each
of these constellations. The actual altitude/declination I can't seem to get
to match constantly to the number of stars represented in between each
sector as I had hoped. The only sore spot in my opinion now is -- Aldebaran.

The rest of the 'aligned' stars are in the right place in reference to one
another as well as the sunrise. Aldebaran, however is behind the Pleiades in
the picture instead of between the Pleiades and the sunrise where it should
be.

Once again, I see the forward leg of Leo that is 'running' points back
toward the sunrise; Antares actually seems to line up nicely if you don't
worry about that '18 stars rule I tried to apply earlier; and the water jug
of Aquarius' star that corresponds to the one label that is to the left of
the star on f68r3; and Aldebaran of course -- all appear almost exactly at
RA2h30 before sunrise on the appropriate dates of equinox/solstice.

    I'm sure the number of stars in between sectors offers some sort of
measurement, but can't quite get one to follow all the way through...

    John.