Re: Codex Mendoza

> I could not really see the penstrokes and details of the page with the jar of honey.
> Did you happen to notate where in Volume 3 of Berdan and Anawalt (1992)
> you found the illustrations you posted and also the words "los pueblos, Ricas,
> Rodelas, resumydos, and piecas"; the greek delta, the suffixes 'mas' 'des' and
> 'sas'; and 'maxlatl', 'yztla', 'chian', and 'Tlaahuitlpan'?

These words I chose are repeated frequently on most pages of the document
(I.e. folio 21R).
maxlatl and yztla on folio 24r.
Tlaahuitlpan on folio 27r.
(Notice how the Tl ligature looks exactly like VMS D)

The honey pots are on Folios 27r and 29r.
The number 400 appears on almost every page of inventory.
The number 20 (XX) is also frequent. Numbers 10 and less are spelled out.
The number 14 appears on folio 16 (written XIIII (not XIV ?) with a flourish over the IIII (may be it is xiiii with the tittles combined as one)
The number 13 on the same page does not have a flourish over III.
There are few other occurances of Roman numerals.

Page numbers are written in Arabic numerals and may have been added latter
(since they are have a slightly different tint especially in the low numbered pages), otherwise arabic numerals do not appear in the document text.